Application instance forms can have child forms. Note that at some places in this guide, the term resource form has been used to refer to application instance forms.
To create a custom child form:
- Log in to Oracle Identity System Administration.
- Create and activate a sandbox. For detailed instructions on creating and activating a sandbox, see the “Managing Sandboxes” section of Oracle Fusion Middleware Developer’s Guide for Oracle Identity Manager.
You must ensure that sandbox in which the application instance form for which you are creating the child form must be published. If it is not published, then you must perform the procedure described in this section in the same sandbox in which the application instance form was created.
- In the left pane, under Configuration, click Form Designer. The Form Designer page is displayed.
- Search for and open the application instance (resource) form for which you want to create a child form as follows:
- In the Search section, from the Type drop-down list, select Resource.
- Specify a value for the Resource Type look field.
- Click Search.
A list of all resource forms (application instance forms) that meet the search criteria is displayed.
- From this list, select the form to open. Alternatively, click Open on the toolbar.
The Manage <APP_INSTANCE_FORM_NAME> page is displayed.
- On the Child Objects tab, click the Add icon on the toolbar. The Add dialog box is displayed.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the child form and click OK. The child form is created in the backend and is displayed in the Child Objects tab of the application instance form for which it was created.
- Click Regenerate View to regenerate the application instance form associated with the child form. If you do not regenerate the view the child form will not be available in the page for use on which you want it to be displayed.
- If required, you can export the sandbox to store all the changes made in your sandbox. For detailed instructions on exporting a sandbox, see the “Managing Sandboxes” section of Oracle Fusion Middleware Developer’s Guide for Oracle Identity Manager.
- Publish the sandbox. For detailed instructions on publishing a sandbox, see the “Managing Sandboxes” section of Oracle Fusion Middleware Developer’s Guide for Oracle Identity Manager.