In addition to creating a scheduled task, if the task requires attributes, you must set them. Otherwise, the scheduled task is not functional.
When an existing task attribute is no longer relevant, you must remove it from the scheduled task.
The following procedure describes how to create a scheduled task. Later procedures show you how to add an attribute to a scheduled task and remove a task attribute from a scheduled task.
To create a scheduled task:
- Go to the Task Scheduler form.
- Enter the name of the scheduled task in the Scheduled Task field.
- Enter the name of the Java class that executes the scheduled task in the Class Name field.
- Enter a number into the Max Retries field. This number represents how many times Oracle Identity Manager tries to complete the task before assigning a status of
- Ensure that the Disabled and Stop Execution check boxes are not selected.
- Double-click the Start Time field.
From the Date & Time window that is displayed, set the date and time that the task is scheduled to run. If you specified that the task is to be executed on a recurring basis (by selecting the Recurring Intervals option), the date and time that is displayed in this field is referenced to determine when next to run the associated task.
- Set the scheduling parameters (in the Interval region):
- To set the task to run on a recurring basis, select the Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly options.
- To set the task to run only once, select Once.
- To set the task to run on a fixed, recurring basis, select Recurring Intervals, set the interval by entering a value into the text field below the option, and then select a unit of measure from the adjacent box.
- Click Save.
The scheduled task is created. In addition, INACTIVE is displayed in the Status field because the task is not currently running. However, once the date and time that you set in Step 6 matches the current date and time, the scheduler daemon triggers the scheduled task.
Adding a Task Attribute
To add a task attribute:
- Click Add.
- In the Attribute Name field, enter the name of the task attribute.
- In the Attribute Value field, enter the attribute’s value.
- From the Toolbar, click Save.
The task attribute is added to the scheduled task.
Removing a Task Attribute
To remove a task attribute:
- Select the task attribute that you want to remove.
- Click Delete.
The attribute is removed from the scheduled task.