The following describes the overall process involved in discovering and monitoring SOA Suite 11g in Enterprise Manager Grid Control. Follow the instructions outlined against each step in this process to successfully discover and monitor the SOA Suite.
Table 7-1 Understanding the Discovery Process
|Oracle SOA Suite Version||Application Server Deployed To||Discovery Mechanism||Process|
|Oracle SOA Suite 11.1 PS2||Oracle WebLogic Managed Server||Manual Discovery||
Discovering SOA Suite 11g
This section describes the procedure for discovering the SOA Suite 11g. You can use a local or a remote Management Agent to perform the discovery process. In the case of discovery using a local agent, you need to use a Management Agent that is running on the same host as the Administration Server.
- Login to Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
- Click Targets and then Middleware.
Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control displays the Middleware page that lists all the middleware targets being monitored.
- In the Middleware page, from the Add list, select Oracle Fusion Middleware / WebLogic Domain and click Go. Specify the Administration Server Host, Port, User Name, Password, Agent (local or remote) and the JMX Protocol and click Continue.
- You will return to the Middleware page. You will see the SOA instances under the WebLogic Domain.
New SOA Composites are not displayed by default. To display all the SOA Composites, navigate to the Home page of the WebLogic Server target and select the Refresh Domain option from the menu.
Discovering the SOA Suite 11g Using a Remote Agent
You can discover the SOA Suite 11.g using a remote agent which may be running on a host that is different from the host on which the Administration Server is running. In this case, you may not be able to perform certain operations like instance tracing and viewing recoverable instances. To ensure that all metrics are collected, you must copy the following jar files to the agent home path at
$AGENT_HOME/sysman/jlib/extjlib (if the
extjlib directory does not exist, it can be created)
Post Discovery Steps
After discovering the SOA Suite 11g, you must perform the following additional configuration steps:
- Set the instance state in the Common Properties page:
- Click Fusion Middleware Control on the SOA Infrastructure Home Page.
- Navigate to the Home page of the SOA Infrastructure target.
- Select Common Properties from the SOA-Infra drop-down menu.
- On the Common Properties page, select the Capture Composite Instance State check box.
- Set the SOA database details like the host name, port, and credentials.
- Navigate to the Middleware page in Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
- Select a SOA Infrastructure home from the list and click Configure.
- The SOA Infrastructure Home page is displayed. Click Monitoring Configuration from the SOA-Infra drop-down menu.
- Set the SOA database details in the Monitoring Configuration page.
- Set preferred credentials for the WebLogic Domain.
- Click the Preferences link in the top-right corner of the main page in Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
- In the Preferences page, click Preferred Credentials on the right pane.
- Select the Oracle WebLogic Domain target and click the Set Credentials icon.
- On the Oracle WebLogic Domain Preferred Credentials page, in the Target Credentials section, specify the administrator credentials and host credentials and click Apply.
- Similarly, on the Preferences page, select the Host target and click the Set Credentials icon.
- On the Host Preferred Credentials page, in the Target Credentials section, specify the normal credentials and privileged credentials. Then clickApply.
Configuring Instance Tracing
To enable Instance Tracing for any SOA Infrastructure instances involved in executing composite instances:
- Follow the sequence listed under Step 3 of the Post Discovery Steps section.
- To view the state of the listed instances, enable the Capture Composite State flag by following the sequence listed Step 1 of the Post Discovery Stepssection.